Swim team beats Buena to become undefeated in league

By Jason Paras

By Jason Paras | Staff Writer | May 1, 2012
On Friday April 27, the Dos Pueblos swim team traveled to Buena High School to take on the Bulldogs in their pool. The Charger boys would go on to beat the Bulldogs 107-62 and the girls won 121-49.

Alex Valente, a freshman at Dos Pueblos High School, swam the 100 yard butterfly in 50.74 seconds. This time makes Valente the fastest fourteen and under swimmer to compete in this event this year in all of the United States. Valente not only won the 100 yard butterfly, but he also took first place in the 100 yard backstroke (55.01).

This freshman’s swim was a large piece of the puzzle that locked away the win against the Buena Bulldogs.

Junior Grant Schroeder swam the 100 yard breaststroke for the first time this season taking first place with a time of 104.54. Schroeder also won the 100 yard freestyle finishing the race in 51.39 seconds.

Freshman Walker Bell took first place in the 200 yard freestyle with a time of 150.72.

The girls varsity team had a first place finisher in every single event.

With the regular season coming to an end, the Chargers will now begin to prepare for the Channel League Championships taking place on Wednesday May 2 (prelims) and Thursday May 3 (finals) at Buena High School.

Both the Dos Pueblos boy and girl swim teams dominated league competition finishing this year’s regular season off with a record of 4-0.

Not only are the Chargers officially League Champions for yet another year, but the program still carries their twelve year win streak on their shoulders. DP will have another chance at continuing their flawless dual meet streak for yet another season.