Dos Pueblos Boys Lacrosse Comes Back After Loss Against San Marcos

By Nathan Beveridge, Staff Writer

Photo Credit: Angel Flores
Midfielder and captain Jack Horton (11) attempting to score against the Hart defender. Horton has 13 goals this season.
« 1 of 2 »

On April 10, Dos Pueblos Boys Varsity Lacrosse (5-2, 2-1) came up short of a victory after being down 7-2 from No. 15 ranked San Marcos (8-1, 1-0) at the half. They had a come back during the second half, scoring four unanswered goals making the score 7-6. The Chargers had back to back goals scored on them by the SM offense making the ending score 10-8.

Dos Pueblos continued the following Friday to compete against Hart in a non-league game. Before the game, defensive midfielder Jacob Keefer was sure that the loss to San Marcos would have no impact in the following game against Hart.

“I think we can bounce back from last week’s loss and beat Hart,” Keefer said. “We almost had a great comeback against SM and if we can play like we did in the second half of that game in our game today, then we will be good to go.”

They competed against Hart at home and won 12-4 thanks to the Chargers’ grueling defense.

This Tuesday, the Chargers will be facing Thacher for a home game. The team hopes the momentum of the game against Hart will carry on to the game against Thacher.

“Beating Hart 12-4 will definitely give our team the boost we need to get things done tonight and carry over another win,” Keefer said.

Chargers captain and midfielder Jack Horton is confident that the team will be able to keep up their winning streak.

“I think that our momentum will carry on to tonight’s game; which will be very important since the stakes against Thacher are very high,” Horton said. “We will need to put in our all to take tonight’s win.”